Welcome back to Episode 20! This week, Kristen, Karen, and Lauren chat while Kimberly lives it up at Sundance.
- Who the hell asked Alec Baldwin?
- All the interesting Oscar nominations
- Rachel Morrison is the FIRST WOMAN EVER nominated for Cinematography!
- Plus, Best Director only has two white dude nominees!
- Wonder Woman is out.
- So is James Franco.
- Casey Affleck bows out of presenting before he’s officially asked.
- Is God Particle (aka Untitled Cloverfield Sequel) headed straight to Netflix?
- Woody Allen may finally be on the way out forever!
- Judge Rosemarie Aquilina needs to be the judge all the time always on high profile sexual assault cases.
- Karen talks ALL ABOUT Sundance!
- How much does personal experience factor into reviewing a movie?
- Is Lady Bird an accurate portrayal of American poverty? Or is it just a tale of a whiny millenial that can’t go to NYU?
- What movies do we love that raise some eyebrows?
- Which matters more: quality of filmmaking or enjoying the story?
- Kristen reviews The Snowman.
- Lauren reviews Paddington 2.
- Plus a brief glimpse at all the Things We’ve Watched Lately.